Jobs @ La Jolla Playhouse
Academic Job Bulletin
Staff Jobs Bulletin
Temporary Lecturer - Theatre & Dance
Arts and Humanities - THEATRE
Open date: August 1st, 2017
Next review date: September 25th, 2017
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: July 31st, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
THEATRE & DANCE DEPARTMENT, University of California, San Diego
The Division of Arts & Humanities, at UC San Diego, is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body.
We are seeking applicants for temporary lecturer position(s) in theatre or dance disciplines. Appointment(s) may be part-time, full-time, quarterly or annual, with the possibility of renewal contingent on performance and funding availability. Positions available for upcoming quarters.
Candidates are required to possess an MFA, PhD, or equivalent professional experience. Candidates will also have at least two years of teaching experience or specialized field expertise to teach the course, with experience teaching the exact theatre or dance discipline.
Preferred qualifications include strong demonstrated accomplishments or potential in areas contributing to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and a desire to play a role in advancing UCSD’s commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
Proof of eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on published UC pay scales.
We are only accepting applications electronically. To apply, please access RECRUIT, our electronic system at the following link:
Required Documentation for Complete Applications:
(1) Updated CV or Resume
(2) Cover letter explicitly stating your training, teaching interests and teaching experiences.
(3) Teaching evaluations (within 3yrs) OR a letter of reference. Letter must include a discussion of teaching abilities and experiences.
(4) Contributions to Diversity Descriptions. Describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01410
• Updated CV or Resume
• Cover Letter - Explicitly stating your training, teaching interests, and teaching experiences.
• Teaching Evaluations (within 3 yrs) Or a Letter of Reference - Letter must include a discussion of teaching abilities and experiences.
• Contributions to Diversity Description - Describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Go to the UC San Diego RECRUIT and click Apply Now >>
2. Create an ApplicantID
Provide required information and documents