First and foremost, the department is committed to our students' academic and professional development in UG, MFA, PhD programs in Theatre and in Dance disciplines and to all UCSD undergraduate and graduate students' campus-wide in their explorations of the fine arts and its added value to their own chosen disciplines and personal lives.
When a UCSD student independently purchases one ticket for just one show, it costs $10.00. All five shows on the season subscription, if purchased individually by a UCSD student, would cost $50.00! Or, as much as $40.00 if purchased on a regular UCSD Student Season Subscription packet.
What's the difference between the "At-the-Door" and "Regular" season subscriptions?
$20 for 5 shows
1. Choose one of the show's performance dates.
2. Show up early to be at the show's box office to be among the first
to "buy a ticket" for the performance of your choice. First come, first served. Seats are distributed by the box office on a "best seats available basis.
3. Instead of shelling out $10 for your ticket, however, show your student ID and have the box office rep mark off the show on your 5 for $20 card.
4. The box office rep will valid your card and return it to you along with a ticket for entry into the theatre. Be sure you put your 5 for $20 card in a safe place — you'll need it for the next show in the season!
Regular Student Subscription:
$40 for 5 shows
1. Choose one of four subscription packets: Packets are
predetermined by specific dates such as PREVIEW dates only, OPENING nights only, SATURDAY MATINEES only, and FIRST SATURDAY nights ONLY.
2. Purchase in advance by:
- Calling the box office for credit card purchases or
- Downloading, printing and completing a regular Season Subscription Order Form.
- Send or take to the Central Box Office in the UC San Diego Theatre District/La Jolla Playhouse.
- Tickets for all the performances within the chosen packet are sent to the patron before the start of the season.